WHAT IS MUSIC TOGETHER®?
Music Together is an innovative music and movement program for children ages newborn to age five years and their parents or caregivers, that is based on the belief that all children are inherently musical. Originally offered to the public in 1987, it pioneered the concept of a research-based, developmentally appropriate early childhood music curriculum that strongly emphasizes and facilitates adult involvement.
ALL CHILDREN ARE MUSICAL!
At Music Together we believe that music ability is as basic to life as walking or talking, and that it is every child’s birthright to participate with pleasure and confidence in the music of our culture. We introduce children to the joys of making music instead of passively receiving it from Cd’s and television. And because very young children instinctively respond to and imitate their loved ones, the active participation of parents and caregivers – regardless of their musical ability – is an essential part of the rich musical environment we create. Music Together parents discover what a powerful role model they are for their child, just by having fun with the music themselves! And by providing cd’s and songbooks to take home, we hope to inspire music-making in your everyday family life.
BASIC PRINCIPLES OF THE MUSIC TOGETHER PHILOSOPHY
A MUSIC TOGETHER® CLASS IS:
- A community of families sharing songs, instrument play, rhythm chants, and movement activities in a relaxed, playful, non-performance-oriented setting.
- Music learned through developmentally appropriate activities that support and respect the unique learning styles of very young children.
- Infants, toddlers, and preschoolers participating at their own levels in family-style classes of mixed ages.
- Parents and caregivers contributing to the enrichment of their child’s music environment—regardless of their own musical abilities.
- A new song collection every semester for three years, featuring great arrangements of original and traditional songs in a wide variety of tonalities, meters, and cultural styles.
- 45 minutes of pure fantastic-ness with your child every week!
Come spend time with your kids in our exciting family classes—a rich musical environment that encourages your child to explore the joy of music. Find out what beautiful music you and your family can make together.